Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Cooking Light. Serve on toasted buns. If the beef gets too dry during braising, just add more beef broth.
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, sweet hickory smoke flavor
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Add beef; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 3 hours or til very tender, turning beef occasionally.
- Remove beef from pan. Reserve 2 c cooking liquid, discard remaining liquid. Shred beef with 2 forks. Return shredded beef to pan. Add reserved liquid, barbecue sauce, and cranberry sauce. Stir well. Cook over med-low 10 min or til heated through. Serve on buttered, toasted buns.