Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Savory coriander, sweetened stirfried chicken. Simple and delicious!! Prep time includes marination. An adopted recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts or 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons black soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water
- In a plastic container with lid or Ziplock bag, combine soy sauce, coriander, sugar, salt, and pepper to make marinade.
- Add chicken pieces, cover or close, shake, and marinade for for 20 minutes in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- In a heavy skillet over medium temperature, heat oil and fry onion and garlic until soft but not brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken together with marinade and stirfry until chicken is well coated and brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add water and simmer for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with French bread or rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
This recipe is in heavy rotation in my household. I always make jasmine rice to accompany, and some veggies. By the way, the recipe never mentions when to add the coriander. I normally put it in with the marinade.