- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, toasted
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs collard greens, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While simmering, wash the greens thoroughly and trim the dark ribs from the leaves, discard ribs.
- Add several handfuls of greens to pot, fill to top and press down gently.
- Simmer until tender, about 45 minutes to one hour. Use a large slotted spoon to place in serving dish. Pass the pot likker to pour over something like cornbread.