Recipe by kyle martin
Outstanding Seafood dish!
Top Review by Ren
This was a very good and EASY meal to make. I served it with brown rice and steamed green beans. The *only* thing I would change about it would be to add tinned tomatoes rather than fresh but only if the tomatoes are not ripe enough. The fish gets so tender and flakey in less than 10 minutes time. Fantastic meal, can't wait to have it again! I'm following WW and it's definitely a healthy, hearty low-in-points dish. Renee
- 4 (7 ounce) cod steaks, skin and bones removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, , cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- flat leaf parsley (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle both sides of cod steaks with oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the tomatoe slices with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- When hot, add cod and tomatoe slices.
- Cook until cod steaks are golden on bottoms, about 4 1/2 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, turn cod steaks and tomatoes.
- Add 1 cup water and the garlic, and bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Simmer until cod begins to feel firm when you press it with your finger and it starts to flake, about 4 minutes.
- Divide cod, tomatoes, and broth among four soup bowls.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve.