Recipe by Sue Lau
An interesting Tanzanian side dish, from the African Cookbook by Bea Sandler. Posted for ZWT4.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Sue, what a terrific recipe, I loved this simple recipe, it was so comforting. Quick, easy to make with great results. A nice tasty dish, lovely served over mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing a dish that I will make often. I love cabbage and I love coconut cream or milk, its a win win situation for me.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2 lbs cabbage, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onions, and butter until onions soften.
- Add cabbage and cook, stirring, until cabbage begins to lose its crispness.
- Stir in unsweetened coconut milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes or more or until cabbage and onion is done to your liking.