1 hr 30 mins
There have many Vietnamese Fish Recipes. Last post, I showed you the way how to cook basic Vietnamese Clay Pot Catfish. Today, I will give you another way to cook. And it is Braised Clay Pot Catfish with Ginger. It is really delicious when you eat with hot rice in cold days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Step 1: Clean carefully Catfish with a little salt with water. I suggest you should use your hand to clean fish. Next, put them into basket, add 1 tea spoon salt and wait about 15 minutes.
- 2Step 2: Peel the ginger and garlic. Use the white part of spring onion and smash it. You slice the green part of spring onion small.
- 3Step 3: Use 1 part of sliced ginger put into the bottom of pot. Crush the remaining sliced ginger with chili, garlic and fried onion. (Mixture A).
- 4Step 4: Put Catfish into pot, add more olive oil, mixture A, smashed white spring onion, 3 tea spoons fish sauces, 2 table spoons brown sugar, 1 tea spoon salt and a little chili powder. Embalm about 30 minutes and cook it with medium heat. When it boils, you decrease to small heat. This process will make Catfish absorbs spices.
- 5Step 5: Sometime, you shake slightly the pot to help Catfish blend with spices. Do not close the lid when cooking. Most Vietnamese Fish recipes about Braised Fish require the same way is not close the lid. You cook about 30 – 40 minutes and then taste it again to suit with your flavor. Turn off the heat and add more sliced spring onion and pepper on the surface of this dish.
- 6If you wanna see more details about this dish and many vietnamese food, feel free to visit my website at http://www.vietnamesefood.com.vn.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Clay Pot Vietnamese Fish Recipe With Ginger (Ca Kho Gung
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 780.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: