Recipe by Chopsy
This is a tasty recipe I got out of a cookbook from Iowa favorite recipes. Use plain sauerkraut. It is a great recipe as it does not involve the oven in the hot summertime. I snarf this one.
- 4 -8 slices of uncooked bacon
- 3 lbs sauerkraut (3-4 small cans, drained)
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds (optional)
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 bratwursts
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chops w/ seasoning salt and brown chops in butter-get them golden brown. Do not worry about them being undercooked.
- Brown brats-you can brown them with chops if you are a multi-task person.
- Using a large skillet with a lid, place bacon slices in bottom, top with 1/2 of sauerkraut and 1 Tbs. caraway seed.
- Put the brats around the outside edge of pan and chops in the middle. Top with sliced onion.
- Top with remaining kraut and caraway seed.
- Pour beer over all and cover.
- Simmer for one hour.