Recipe by sugarpea
Quick and easy to make and results in a luscious sauce that's terrific over the chicken and fettuccine. Romantic dinner and dinner party worthy in 30 minutes.
Top Review by venus2
This is a very tasty dish & we will definitely make it again. I think I will try with white wine as the red somewhat overpowered the taste of the basil and sun dried tomatoes. Thanks, Sugarpea
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil, reserved from sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat; pat chicken dry, season with salt and pepper and brown on both sides; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add onion, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes and saute, stirring, until onion is softened; add mushrooms and salt and pepper and continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until mushrooms are softened.
- Whisk in the wine, broth, tomato paste; add chicken and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 8-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and keep warm; knead butter and flour together and add to skillet, stirring until incorporated and smooth; add sun-dried tomatoes and simmer, stirring, 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in parsley and pour sauce over chicken; serve immediately.