1/1 Photo of Braised Chicken With Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Quick and easy to make and results in a luscious sauce that's terrific over the chicken and fettuccine. Romantic dinner and dinner party worthy in 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, reserved from sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat; pat chicken dry, season with salt and pepper and brown on both sides; set aside.
- 2Reduce heat to medium-low; add onion, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes and saute, stirring, until onion is softened; add mushrooms and salt and pepper and continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until mushrooms are softened.
- 3Whisk in the wine, broth, tomato paste; add chicken and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 8-12 minutes until cooked through.
- 4Remove chicken and keep warm; knead butter and flour together and add to skillet, stirring until incorporated and smooth; add sun-dried tomatoes and simmer, stirring, 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- 5Stir in parsley and pour sauce over chicken; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken With Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.3 mg
- Sodium 490.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 46.6 g