Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from weight watchers delicious decisions 6 points per serving
- 1 (8 ounce) package yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 lb plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch spinach, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- cook the noodles according to package directions, drain heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet and add chicken.
- sprinkle with thyme, salt, pepper.
- saute till browned, about 6 minutes.
- stir in the muchroom, onion and water.
- cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
- add the tomatoes, broth, wine and garlic.
- bring to a boil.
- reduce heat, simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- stir in noodles, spinach, half-and-half and cheese.
- simmer until the spinach just begins to wilt.