Recipe by lauralie41
Another great recipe from ABC.net's website and Chef Bill Granger. This chicken recipe will also be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Australia.
Top Review by mummamills
lovely easy recipe. I used lemon juice and left out the peel, (had hassles with that before with family) dinner was late, so I added extra water to the mix and popper it in the oven, and it was great. Very forgiving recipe, and a good one for starter cooks. made for Aussie swap nov 09
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 5⁄8 kg whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 12 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- fresh oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, deep frypan over high heat, add oil and chicken. Cook chicken, turning only once, for approximately 5-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside. Reducing heat to medium, add onion and cook for 1 minute than add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Return chicken to pan, add the lemon, chicken stock and honey. Reduce heat to medium-low, place cover on pan and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat broiler. Increase heat to medium and simmer sauce, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes to thicken. Place chicken under a hot broiler for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Place chicken on serving platter, top with sauce and fresh oregano leaves.