Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Gourmet. April 2003
- 1⁄2 ounce dried morel
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 chicken legs-thighs, pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 leeks, sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Place morels in small bowl. Add 1 cup hot water and let stand until morels soften, about 45 minutes.
- Remove morels and reserve. Strain liquid through fine sieve and reserve.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken.
- Add wine to pot and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Stir in leeks, broth, thyme, morels, and reserved morel liquid. Return chicken to pot and bring liquid to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, turning chicken once, about 40 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.