1/1 Photo of Braised Chicken With Green Peppers and Tomatoes
1 hr 15 mins
Tender chicken with veggies. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup sherry wine
- 1Bring a pot of water to the boil. Score an 'X' on the bottom of each tomato. Carefully place tomatoes into the boiling water, turn off the heat and let sit for about 1-2 minutes. Remove the tomatoes with a slotted spoon and peel the skin off. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side, adding more oil to pan as needed. Transfer chicken to platter.
- 3In same skillet, add onion, garlic and parsley and saute until onion is soft, scraping up any brown bits, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add green peppers, tomatoes and wine and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Lay chicken breasts on top of mixture. Cover and simmer over mediun-low heat for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced, about 15 minutes.
- 6Serve with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken With Green Peppers and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 29.0 g