Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Ricardo that looks yummy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 19 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Put rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat to broil.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken in oil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the onion. Add more oil if needed. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Deglaze with the wine and let reduce by half. Add tomatoes, honey and thyme. Bring to boil and let simmer about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Add chicken and cover with the mixture of tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook in the oven about 5 minutes until cheese is golden and chicken is cooked. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Serve on a bed of lentils.
Amazing taste for so little effort! The flavor in this recipe was incredible. Chicken was very moist and delicious. I did bake mine a little because my chicken breasts were huge, then turned on the broiler. Turned out perfectly! Thanks so much for this delicious recipe!
Loved this recipe, very easy to make and flavorful! The only thing I changed on the recipe was to slice the onion instead of chopping it. Loved the flavor that the honey and thyme added, as well as how moist the chicken was. Served over whole-wheat pasta. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We really really enjoyed this for dinner tonight! I thought that I had a can of tomatoes, but I must have used it! As a last minute resort, I cut up about a cup of grape tomatoes and added a cup of tomato sauce. It turned out great! Oh, I also only used 2 teaspoons of oil We enjoyed this with a salad and a bit of pasta. Made for the Best of 2010. Thanks Boomette! :)