Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo that looks yummy.
Top Review by breezermom
Amazing taste for so little effort! The flavor in this recipe was incredible. Chicken was very moist and delicious. I did bake mine a little because my chicken breasts were huge, then turned on the broiler. Turned out perfectly! Thanks so much for this delicious recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 19 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat to broil.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken in oil. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the onion. Add more oil if needed. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Deglaze with the wine and let reduce by half. Add tomatoes, honey and thyme. Bring to boil and let simmer about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Add chicken and cover with the mixture of tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook in the oven about 5 minutes until cheese is golden and chicken is cooked. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Serve on a bed of lentils.