Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Posting for ZWT 7. This recipe comes from recipes.wikia.com. A recipe from Cameroon Africa.
- 3 green chilies, skinned, seeds removed, chopped
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter and oil and brown the Chicken, a few pieces at a time.
- As the Chicken browns, remove and keep warm.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the broth, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and chillies and bring to a boil.
- Put the Chicken back in the pan, cover with the stock, reduce the heat, and simmer for 45 minutes.
Thank you Papa D for providing me with a hearty, yummy and easy meal. My housemates' loved it and I enjoyed it a lot as well.
May you rest in peace knowing that you have provided so many people delicious dinners.
Cooked for Papa D's cookathon.