1 hr 20 mins
This is an interesting chicken breast entree ... the balsamic vinegar caramelizes nicely with the brown sugar and shallots. I was following a basic recipe and then started adding things to turn it into something completely different! Serve with mashed potatoes, definitely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter with 1 teaspoon of the Liquid Smoke.
- 2Saute shallots until golden, then add garlic.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then brown chicken about 10 minutes, turning once.
- 4Add garlic and one cup of water to skillet and boil, stirring, one minute.
- 5Return chicken to skillet and arrange skin sides up.
- 6Gently simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and garlic is tender, about 35 minutes.
- 7Remove chicken from skillet; add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and remaining one teaspoon of Liquid Smoke.
- 8Boil, uncovered, until slightly thickened.
- 9Return chicken to pan and allow sauce to vinegar-sugar mixture to caramelize a bit on the chicken, about 10 more minutes.
- 10Season to tast with salt and pepper and serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken with Caramelized Balsamic-Brown Sugar Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.4
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 199.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 30.8 g