1 hr 20 mins
This is an interesting chicken breast entree ... the balsamic vinegar caramelizes nicely with the brown sugar and shallots. I was following a basic recipe and then started adding things to turn it into something completely different! Serve with mashed potatoes, definitely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter with 1 teaspoon of the Liquid Smoke.
- 2Saute shallots until golden, then add garlic.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then brown chicken about 10 minutes, turning once.
- 4Add garlic and one cup of water to skillet and boil, stirring, one minute.
- 5Return chicken to skillet and arrange skin sides up.
- 6Gently simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and garlic is tender, about 35 minutes.
- 7Remove chicken from skillet; add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and remaining one teaspoon of Liquid Smoke.
- 8Boil, uncovered, until slightly thickened.
- 9Return chicken to pan and allow sauce to vinegar-sugar mixture to caramelize a bit on the chicken, about 10 more minutes.
- 10Season to tast with salt and pepper and serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken with Caramelized Balsamic-Brown Sugar Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.4
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 199.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 30.8 g