Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an interesting chicken breast entree ... the balsamic vinegar caramelizes nicely with the brown sugar and shallots. I was following a basic recipe and then started adding things to turn it into something completely different! Serve with mashed potatoes, definitely!
- Melt butter with 1 teaspoon of the Liquid Smoke.
- Saute shallots until golden, then add garlic.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then brown chicken about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Add garlic and one cup of water to skillet and boil, stirring, one minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and arrange skin sides up.
- Gently simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and garlic is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet; add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and remaining one teaspoon of Liquid Smoke.
- Boil, uncovered, until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan and allow sauce to vinegar-sugar mixture to caramelize a bit on the chicken, about 10 more minutes.
- Season to tast with salt and pepper and serve!
Mmmm! The flavor of this dish was super. I loved the balance of flavors. I admit I got distracted and let mine get a little, shall we say, over-caramelized, but it was really good even so, just extra sticky. I'll be more vigilant next time and now I'll enjoy it even more.
This was delicious. I used chicken thighs, because this is my favorite piece of chicken and I left out the liquid smoke (did not have any). The chicken was tender and very moist. Of course we will have leftovers tomorrow. Definitely a keeper! Thanks EdsGirlAngie