Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an interesting chicken breast entree ... the balsamic vinegar caramelizes nicely with the brown sugar and shallots. I was following a basic recipe and then started adding things to turn it into something completely different! Serve with mashed potatoes, definitely!
- Melt butter with 1 teaspoon of the Liquid Smoke.
- Saute shallots until golden, then add garlic.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then brown chicken about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Add garlic and one cup of water to skillet and boil, stirring, one minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and arrange skin sides up.
- Gently simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and garlic is tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet; add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and remaining one teaspoon of Liquid Smoke.
- Boil, uncovered, until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan and allow sauce to vinegar-sugar mixture to caramelize a bit on the chicken, about 10 more minutes.
- Season to tast with salt and pepper and serve!