Recipe by nsomniak6
From Cookthink.com I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds great and I wanted to add it to my cookbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep all the ingredients and season both sides of the chicken with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it's hot and shimmering, add the chicken thighs to the pan.
- Leave them alone to brown deeply, about 4 minutes. Turn and brown them on the other side for a couple minutes, then remove them to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions, jalapeño, cumin, and coriander. (You may need to add a little oil.).
- Sauté until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the pan.
- Scatter the sweet potatoes and black beans around the chicken.
- Pour the broth in the pan, then cover and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160F, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the lime and cilantro. Just before you serve the chicken, stir the zest, juice and cilantro into the pan.