Simple and delicious. Serve with your favorite mashed potatoes. Gourmet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat chicken dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- 3Sear chicken, skin side down, in 2 batches until golden brown (do not turn), 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a plate.
- 4Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet.
- 5Cook garlic and celery in skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden and just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add wine and boil, uncovered, until reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Add water and bring to a simmer.
- 8Return chicken, skin side up, to skillet and simmer, partially covered, until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken W/Celery and Garlic (New Coq Au Vin)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 138.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 25.1 g