Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple and delicious. Serve with your favorite mashed potatoes. Gourmet
Make and share this Braised Chicken W/Celery and Garlic (New Coq Au Vin) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken thighs (with skin and bone)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 celery ribs, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Pat chicken dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Sear chicken, skin side down, in 2 batches until golden brown (do not turn), 3 to 5 minutes, then transfer to a plate.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet.
- Cook garlic and celery in skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden and just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and boil, uncovered, until reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken, skin side up, to skillet and simmer, partially covered, until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was great and really quick and easy. I added some pureed basil in oil just before plating. Will definitely make again.