Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I like meals prepared in a Dutch oven because after the prep time, just place into the oven and let it cook. This can also be cooked in a slow cooker on low heat, just add cooking time to adjust for heat differences. By Geno 2 Hr 15 min cook time | 15 min prep SERVES 2
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packet onions or 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packet mushroom soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup guava wine (or any fruity wine )
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal low-sodium steak seasoning
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, julienne
- 4 skin on chicken thighs (or skinless )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the olive oil and chicken thighs in a Dutch oven, brown both sides of chicken on stove top at med heat about 45 minute.
- Combine onion packet, apple cider, wine, poultry season, essence spice, steak spice, sliced onion and julienne pepper in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- After chicken has brown, remove from Dutch oven and drain all rendered grease.
- Add the chicken and liquid compound into the Dutch oven pot, place into a 400 degree oven, heat to a simmer covered in oven.
- Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and flavor saturated. The chicken thighs will be fall apart tender.