2 hrs 15 mins
Chef #1539508's Note:
I like meals prepared in a Dutch oven because after the prep time, just place into the oven and let it cook. This can also be cooked in a slow cooker on low heat, just add cooking time to adjust for heat differences. By Geno 2 Hr 15 min cook time | 15 min prep SERVES 2
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packet onions or 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packet mushroom soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup guava wine (or any fruity wine )
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal low-sodium steak seasoning
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, julienne
- 4 skin on chicken thighs (or skinless )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Place the olive oil and chicken thighs in a Dutch oven, brown both sides of chicken on stove top at med heat about 45 minute.
- 2Combine onion packet, apple cider, wine, poultry season, essence spice, steak spice, sliced onion and julienne pepper in a sauce pan.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4After chicken has brown, remove from Dutch oven and drain all rendered grease.
- 5Add the chicken and liquid compound into the Dutch oven pot, place into a 400 degree oven, heat to a simmer covered in oven.
- 6Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and flavor saturated. The chicken thighs will be fall apart tender.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.1
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 152.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence
McCormick's Montreal low-sodium steak seasoning