Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Women's Day magazine. Don't want to lose this. Haven't made it yet.
Make and share this Braised Chicken Thighs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet onion soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven and mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Fantastic recipe! Super fast & easy. The whole family loved it. Will definately make it again & again. I added a few extra seasonings of my liking: garlic, paprika, black pepper, grill seasoning & and a dash of red wine vinegar. I also only used 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning. At the end I thickened the cooking broth with cornstarch & water to make a tasty gravy. We had it with rice and a veggie for a filling and yummy meal.
Really liked the easy preperation and simple ingredients. The flavor was yummy. I served it over hot noodles and with steamed asparagas and it was a really good meal. The one downfall was it was really salty. I WILL make this again only I will cut the amount of soup mix in half and that should help. I also think this would be good with pork chops. It's in my permanate recipe collection!