Definitely make extra sauce, bc. it goes really well over white rice or pasta, or quinoa, even without the chicken. This might even go well with pork instead of chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pat dry chicken, sprinkly with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat Oil from tomatoes in a heavy skillet, over medium heat.
- 3Add chicken to skillet and saute until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- 4Add garlic and stir 30 seconds--do not brown garlic.
- 5Add white wine, cream, pepper, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- 6Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- 7Transfer chicken to plates.
- 8Add most of basil to sauce in skillet.
- 9Increase heat and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, and peppers and tomatoes are soft-about 2-5 minutes. (seems to take longer for me).
- 10Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper, spoon over chicken and top with fresh basil and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken in Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.1
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.3 mg
- Sodium 175.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 33.2 g