1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Another homey dish - it seems like so many of the things I make are perfect for lazy Sundays...to enjoy around the table with friends and family and a bottle or two of wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken pieces lightly.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer chicken to bowl with slotted spoon.
- 5Add onion, livers, bacon and spices and saute until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Mix in wine and tomato paste.
- 7Add broth and bring to the boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- 8Return chicken and any juices to skillet, turning chicken to coat with sauce.
- 9Reduce heat, cover and simmer until breasts are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 10Transfer chicken breasts to bowl.
- 11Cover and simmer remaining chicken about 15 minutes longer.
- 12Transfer pieces to bowl.
- 13Boil down liquid remaining in pot until thickened to sauce consistency, adding any juices in bowl, about 20 minutes.
- 14Strain sauce through fine sieve.
- 16Return sauce and chicken to skillet (can be prepared 1 day ahead to this point. Reheat gently over low heat.) Serve with polenta poured into center of large serving platter.
- 17Place chicken pieces around and spoon sauce over all.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken in Rosemary White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.5
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 587.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: