Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Another homey dish - it seems like so many of the things I make are perfect for lazy Sundays...to enjoy around the table with friends and family and a bottle or two of wine.
- Season chicken pieces lightly.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to bowl with slotted spoon.
- Add onion, livers, bacon and spices and saute until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in wine and tomato paste.
- Add broth and bring to the boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Return chicken and any juices to skillet, turning chicken to coat with sauce.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until breasts are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken breasts to bowl.
- Cover and simmer remaining chicken about 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer pieces to bowl.
- Boil down liquid remaining in pot until thickened to sauce consistency, adding any juices in bowl, about 20 minutes.
- Strain sauce through fine sieve.
- Return sauce and chicken to skillet (can be prepared 1 day ahead to this point. Reheat gently over low heat.) Serve with polenta poured into center of large serving platter.
- Place chicken pieces around and spoon sauce over all.
my family ate these up. we don't eat red meat so i omitted the bacon and i didn't have any livers on hand. they still came out fantastic. great recipe.
Oh, so good. Absolutely delicious and easy, to boot! We don't do polenta so the chicken was a main with salad and bread but... YUM!