1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Another homey dish - it seems like so many of the things I make are perfect for lazy Sundays...to enjoy around the table with friends and family and a bottle or two of wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken pieces lightly.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer chicken to bowl with slotted spoon.
- 5Add onion, livers, bacon and spices and saute until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Mix in wine and tomato paste.
- 7Add broth and bring to the boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- 8Return chicken and any juices to skillet, turning chicken to coat with sauce.
- 9Reduce heat, cover and simmer until breasts are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 10Transfer chicken breasts to bowl.
- 11Cover and simmer remaining chicken about 15 minutes longer.
- 12Transfer pieces to bowl.
- 13Boil down liquid remaining in pot until thickened to sauce consistency, adding any juices in bowl, about 20 minutes.
- 14Strain sauce through fine sieve.
- 16Return sauce and chicken to skillet (can be prepared 1 day ahead to this point. Reheat gently over low heat.) Serve with polenta poured into center of large serving platter.
- 17Place chicken pieces around and spoon sauce over all.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken in Rosemary White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.5
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 587.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: