1/1 Photo of Braised Chicken & Beans (Healthy and Low Fat)
Yet another discovery in my quest to collect healthy recipes. I found this one in the March 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. It is nice to see a chicken and beans recipe that isn't tomato based and uses more than just a chicken breast. There is no reason a chicken thigh can't be super tasty and healthy. The recipe states that the dish can be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a wide pan with a lid.
- 2Add the chicken and quickly cook to brown it all over.
- 3Tip in the onion, garlic and thyme and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Pour in the wine, water and the salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, cover halfway through the cooking time, until the chicken is tender.
- 6Stir the beans into the pan and briefly warm through.
- 7Roughly chop the parsley, then scatter over to serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Chicken & Beans (Healthy and Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1299.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 275.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 54.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 78.8 g