Recipe by Barb G.
This dish is a hit with my family and friends. Easy and quick to prepare. Kids love it.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Lovely dish! I used sweet onions and diced my chicken into fairly large pieces. I also left my apples un-peeled, and doubled the sauce to thicken into a gravy, which served nicely over rice.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -3 golden delicious apple, cored,peeled and sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat; season chicken breast with salt and pepper; brown chicken on both sides, about 3 minutes per side; remove chicken to plate and keep warm.
- Add apples and shallots to the skillet; cook until apples begin to soften, about 2 minutes; add thyme, salt and a generous grinding of pepper, cook 1 minute; Pour in chicken broth and cider and cook over high heat until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken breast to the skillet, nestling them in among the apples; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes.