Recipe by Missy Wombat
A quick easy recipe to use up that extra head of celery. Great with grilled meat or stuffed pancakes. From Roz Denny and Christine Ingram's "The Complete Encyclopedia of Vegetables and Vegetarian Cooking"
- 28.34 g butter
- 1 head celery, thinly sliced
- 170.09 g goat cheese
- 44.37-59.16 ml single cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a medium sized shallow oven proof dish.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the celery for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 3-4 T of water to the pan, heat gently and then cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 5-6 minutes until the celery is nearly tender and the water has almost evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the goat's cheese and cream.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, and then turn into the oven dish.
- Cover the dish with buttered greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve at once.