Recipe by Jane Gib
You can chill this for up to 4 days, but do not freeze. I found it in a little cook-ahead meals booklet
- 2 aubergines, cut in chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 head celery, sliced
- 2 onions, chopeed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 pint dry white wine
- 1⁄2 pint vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 6 sage leaves, shredded
- 4 ounces walnuts, chopped to serve
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs, to serve
- 2 ounces blue Stilton cheese, crumbled to serve
- parsley, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- place aubergines in a colander, sprinkle with saltg and set aside for 30 minute.
- rinse and drain.
- cook celery, onions carrots and bay leaf in a casserole dish for 20 minute.
- add aubergines and mix well.
- cook for 5 minute.
- stir in wine, stock, and sage.
- bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover.
- simmer for 45 min or until veg is tender.
- (if you are chilling do so now) if not.
- to serve, mix the walnuts, breadcrumbs, stilton cheese and parsley, sprinkle the topping over the hot vergetables and grill until browned.