Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This a nice way to cook celery
Make and share this Braised Celery recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and chop celery into 1 inch pieces.
- Blanch the celery for 1 minute in boiling salted water.
- Drain and place in a buttered casserole with the butter and good grinding of pepper.
- Mix the chicken stock in the cup of boiling water until dissolved, then pour over the celery.
- Cover and bake at 325F for 1 hour.
This celery tastes amazing. I had never tried cooked celery on its own before, so I was a bit apprehensive about making this. After trying it, I have to say that I love cooked celery. I sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top as recommended by other reviewers. Delicious, thanks!
This is one of our favorite recipes, but we just boil them on the stove until they are soft. We top it with parmesean cheese shavings.
I used Sysco chicken base with water and absolutely delicious. I made another main dish and baked at the same time.Grreat!!