Recipe by Doreen Randal
This a nice way to cook celery
Top Review by jnpj
This celery tastes amazing. I had never tried cooked celery on its own before, so I was a bit apprehensive about making this. After trying it, I have to say that I love cooked celery. I sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top as recommended by other reviewers. Delicious, thanks!
- 1 celery & leaves
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- to taste ground black pepper
- salt (if required)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and chop celery into 1 inch pieces.
- Blanch the celery for 1 minute in boiling salted water.
- Drain and place in a buttered casserole with the butter and good grinding of pepper.
- Mix the chicken stock in the cup of boiling water until dissolved, then pour over the celery.
- Cover and bake at 325F for 1 hour.