Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and delicious. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 head celery, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- allspice, just a sprinkle
- Wash and dry celery.
- Brown butter; add celery and saute slowly until golden.
- Add water, salt, pepper and a sprinkle of allspice.
- Cover and simmer until tender.
- Remove cover and continue cooking until all moisture evaporates.