Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Taken from Australian Good Taste magazine.
Make and share this Braised Capsicums With Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 medium red capsicums, quartered, deseeded, sliced thickly
- 3 medium yellow peppers, quartered, deseeded, sliced thickly
- 6 garlic cloves, peled
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large flameproof casserole dish.
- Add capsicum, garlic and thyme.
- Cook over moderate heat for about 6 minutes.
- Add water, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 20 - 30 minutes till peppers are tender.
- Add vinegar and cook uncovered 5 - 10 minutes till juices thicken.
- Season to taste and serve.