Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cabbage (chopped or shredded coarsely)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Add cabbage, carrots and parsley, to butter in a medium sauce pan, and mix until well coated with butter.
- Stir in salt, pepper and broth.
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp and still quite bright in colour.
- If too much liquid remains in skillet near the end of the cooking time, uncover and increase heat to high for a minute.
- Stir often while liquid evaporates.
This was very good, I did one change and that is I used apple juice instead of the chicken broth and it added just that little bit of tang.
Very yummy! I'm always looking for different ways to cook cabbage - and this one is a new favourite! I substituted a leek instead of an onion. It makes a great veggie side!
We added garlic and used olive oil instead of butter. This is just my favorite side dish ever. Made with a pork tenderloin and another time with a strip steak. Thanks so much for a keeper!