1/2 Photos of Braised Cabbage and Carrots
2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Just because I really like this side dish! Also included is the recipe for Smash Seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head green cabbage (about 3 pounds)
- 4 slices bacon, diced (extra thick bacon)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons smash seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag baby carrots
- salt and pepper
Smash Seasoning ingredients
- 1Core Cabbage and chop into 2-inch pieces.
- 2In large pot over medium heat, cook bacon halfway through. It will release the fat and be lightly browned, but still not crisp.
- 3Add Cabbage, water and Smash Seasoning. Cover and reduce to simmer and steam 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Drain water from pot and add carrots. cover and simmer another 15 minutes, until carrots are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Smash Seasoning:.
- 5Mix ingredients throughly and keep in a tightly sealed container for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Cabbage and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 182.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: