This is the perfect accompaniment to corned beef or Reuben sandwiches.
Make and share this Braised Cabbage and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- In a deep skillet, cook bacon until done.
- Remove bacon from skillet, add the onions.
- Cook onions until translucent.
- Add cabbage and other ingredients, cover.
- Cook until tender.
- Crumble bacon back into pot and stir.
- Serve hot.
perfect side dish for ribs or steak. went over well even with my kids!
i made it with turkey bacon and it turned out very well still. i just cooked the bacon and onions together at the same time, then tossed in the rest.
When making this recipe, I cut the ingredients in half for the two of us. Otherwise I followed instructions to the letter. The dish had a lovely smoky and sweet/sour taste and reminded me a lot of Dutch or German red cabbage recipes I've had in the past. I will make it again. The recipe was made for Bargain Basement Tag.