Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicate tofu dish with sweet and tender butternut squash. Ginger and green onions not only highlight the taste but also give the whole dish a combination of fine aroma.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 package of 14 oz. extra firm tofu, cut into rectangles (about 1.5 in x 1 in)
- 1⁄8 cup ginger, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, cut into cubes (about 1.5 in x 1.5 in)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white pepper powder
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- In a bowl, combine water, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over a little medium. Pan-fry tofu both sides until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Return to skillet. Use remaining oil to stir-fry ginger until light brown at medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium, stir in butternut squash, white pepper powder, tofu and sauce mixture. Combine well and bring to boil. Cover and simmer until squash turns tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover. Add a little more water if necessary. Stir in green onions.
- Serve hot!