1/6 Photos of Braised Brussels Sprouts in Mustard Sauce
A recipe I tried from the blog (http://carrotsncake.com/).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off base of a sprout with a sharp knife. Slice a piece from one side of the sprout. Place it cut side down and cut it crosswise into about 5 slices. Repeat with all of the sprouts. (I sliced them all).
- 2Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat for 1 minutes. Add olive oil and swirl to coat skillet.
- 3Add shallots; sauté for 2 mintues. Stir in sprouts, salt (if using), and 3 tablespoons water; spread everything evenly across the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, combine mustard, brown sugar, and remaining water in a small bowl; stir until blended. Once sprouts have cooked for 5 minutes, pour mustard mixture over them and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover, cook for 3 minutes, then stir. Remove from heat or, if you prefer, cook for 5 minutes more – the sprouts will get browner and more intensely flavored. Serve hot or warm with black pepper.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Brussels Sprouts in Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g