Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A favourite vegetable. This recipe comes from Taste of Home sent to me by KyJo. I haven't made it, but I plan to.
- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Trim brussels sprouts and place in a saucepan of water; bring to the boil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Saute onion in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in the broth, caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until the water has almost evaporated.
- Drain sprouts.
- Add sprouts and bacon to onion mixture.
This was a nice side dish with our BBQ Chicken tonight. We didn't care for the caraway seeds but thats just our taste. Thats the only reason I dropped this to a 4star too. I will make this again cause we love brussell sprouts but will leave the seeds out. Thanks for sharing your recipe.