- 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim Brussels sprouts and cut an x in the core of each.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water,bring to a boil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Saute onions in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in broth, caraway seeds, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Drain sprouts.
- Add sprouts to onion and bacon mixture.