Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is from a great cookbook "How to cook everything" by Mark Bittman. I like to cook the broccoli for about 2 minutes less time so it is still very crisp and I serve it at room temperature. The recipe called of only 1 tsp of minced garlic but I love that garlic. Don't be afraid of the anchovies just think how good they are in a Caesar salad!!
Top Review by Derf
Bergy this is the tastiest broccoli we have had for a long time!! Didn't change a thing, it was as good as it gets just as it is, What a great combination, anchovies, garlic and wine, what elegance, finer than any fine resturant! Thanks for sharing.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (I use lite)
- 3 anchovies, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (or less)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, stems separated and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oil into a skillet that has a lid, turn heat to medium and saute the garlic& anchovies, stir occasionally 3-5 minutes or until the anchovies begin to break up and the garlic begins to color Add broccoli, stirring for 3-4 minutes, add wine and let it simmer for about a minute Cover, turn heat to medium low and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover turn heat to medium and continue cooking until the wine has evaporated apprx 5 minutes Season.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.