Top Review by Jezski
5 stars is not nearly enough! This is a super recipe. I made it just as written, darkening the gravy a little bit. Very moist and tender. And the next day, cold sandwiches are also 5 star. Incidently, if your guests are a little late, the finished meat will hold at 170 for an hour with little loss in texture or flavor. Thanks Old Magic for posting. Janet Edited: I forgot to add the 5 stars. Sorry, because this recipe certainly deserves them.
- 4 lbs boneless beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 large onions, 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place beef brisket, fat side up, in large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle brisket evenly with salt, pepper and garlic; top with onions.
- Roast in oven 1 hour or until onions are lightly browned.
- Add 1 cup hot water.
- Carefully cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Reduce oven to 325F and continue cooking 2 hours or until brisket is tender.
- To make gravy, skim fat from pan juices.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan juices.
- Cook over medium heat until gravy boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Carve brisket across the grain into thin slices; serve with onions and gravy.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.