Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 -5 lbs boneless beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 large onions, 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4-cup water
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Place beef brisket, fat side up, in large roasting pan.
- Sprinkle brisket evenly with salt, pepper and garlic; top with onions.
- Roast in oven 1 hour or until onions are lightly browned.
- Add 1 cup hot water.
- Carefully cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Reduce oven to 325 F and continue cooking 2 hours or until brisket is tender.
- To make gravy, skim fat from pan juices.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan juices.
- Cook over medium heat until gravy boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Carve brisket across the grain into thin slices; serve with onions and gravy.
Very helpful and it doesn't take a lot of time to make.
Absolutely fabulous! I can't believe that so few ingredients can produce such a wonderful flavor. My only issue was that I used the 5 lb brisket and after 3 hours it was still like shoe leather. Ended up needing 5 hours for fork tender.
Absolutely fantastic. I was looking for something a little quicker than my usual brisket recipe when I found this one. I will be making it again! Very moist and tender. We didn't even need a knife. The sauce was very flavorful too! Thanks for sharing!