Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This has a somewhat Asian flavor and is great served with rice and a salad. This is great recipe to put that wok to work. From Southern Living, Feb. 1986.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup currants or 1⁄4 cup chopped raisins
- 4 orange slices (1/2-inch-thick)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken breasts; dredge in flour.
- Melt butter in wok over medium heat; brown chicken breasts on both sides. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Add brown sugar, cornstarch, and all-spice to wok; gradually stir in hot watr. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thickened. Stir in orange juice, borubon, and currants or raisins.
- Add chicken breasts to wok; place orange slice on each piece of chicken. Cover and simmer about 35 mintures of until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Serve bourbon sauce with chicken.