Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy recipe allows bok choy to turn out perfectly cooked, ideal as a side dish for lean meat or fish.
- Trim bottom inch from head of bok choy. Wash leaves and pat dry. With knife, cut leafy green portion away from either side of triangular white stalk.
- Cut each white stalk in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces. Stack leafy greens then slice them crosswise into thin strips. Keep sliced stalks and leaves separate.
- Heat a 12 inch non-stick skillet over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the bok choy stalks and cook, stirring frequently, until the edges start to turn translucent (4-5 minutes).
- Add the garlic, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Add the bok choy greens and the broth. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring twice, until bok choy is just tender (4 minutes).
- Remove cover, increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry for two minutes. Stir in the vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.