Broke Guy's Note:
This easy recipe allows bok choy to turn out perfectly cooked, ideal as a side dish for lean meat or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim bottom inch from head of bok choy. Wash leaves and pat dry. With knife, cut leafy green portion away from either side of triangular white stalk.
- 2Cut each white stalk in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces. Stack leafy greens then slice them crosswise into thin strips. Keep sliced stalks and leaves separate.
- 3Heat a 12 inch non-stick skillet over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the bok choy stalks and cook, stirring frequently, until the edges start to turn translucent (4-5 minutes).
- 4Add the garlic, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Add the bok choy greens and the broth. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring twice, until bok choy is just tender (4 minutes).
- 5Remove cover, increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry for two minutes. Stir in the vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: