Recipe by philly886
Great Side dish as well as another use for endive aside from salad garnishment it commonly is used as.
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 4 heads endive
- 1⁄2 small onion, small dice
- 2 stalks celery, small dice
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons whole butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add clarified butter to hot pan and brown endive.
- Remove endive and reserve.
- Saute carrots, celery and onions until soft and add seasonings.
- Return endive to pan and add chicken stock.
- Fill only halfway up endive.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to a simmer for approximately 25 minutes. Remove endive.
- Remove solids from the liquid and puree.
- While pureeing add stock in a steady stream to pureed vegetables creating a sauce. Serve and Enjoy!