Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An easy no fuss dinner. Lots of flavor in this one.
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in dutch oven, brown roast on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper; remove from pan.
- To pan add mushrooms and onion; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, broth and bay leaf; return roast to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add peas and cook 10 more minutes.
- Remove roast to serving platter; stir in sour cream.
- Serve roast with sauce.
This is very falvorful, but the recipe calls for much too much beef broth. Next time I try it, I wouldn't use more than a half cup of it.