Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The mayo really makes this dish.
- 680.38 g round steaks, raw, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 473.18 ml onions, coarsely chopped
- 354.88 ml water
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges (for garnish)
- Place steaks, onions, and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover tightly. and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours, or until the steaks are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and red pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- Remove the steaks; keep warm. Strain solids from the cooking liquid and discard them. Carve the steaks into thin slices and arrange on a serving platter. Pour enough cooking liquid over the steaks to moisten them (about 1/4 cup). Serve with the cilantro-lime mayonnaise and garnish with the lime wedges.