Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is my mothers recipe. They are delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef tips
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown beef tips in olive oil until brown.
- In a slow cooker, add browned beef tips. Stir in Consume, cranberry juice, soy sauce, garlic, onion, & brown sugar.
- Cook until beef tips are tender (about 6 hours on medium heat).
- Mix corn starch with water, add to slow cooker. Cook until gravy becomes desired thickness.
- Serve over rice.
This was pretty good. I followed the recipe exactly like it was written and the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because it lacked salt. I don't usually cook with salt but I definitely noticed that it was missing here. After we added some when it was served, it was DELICIOUS! The gravy had a very distinct flavor that was wonderful and the beef was SO tender that it was hard to get it out of the crock pot without it falling apart. I will absolutely make this again and I would really like to try it with potatoes and carrots in the mix.
Oh yum!!! These are excellent! Nothing overpowering, very good balance of flavor. I did 2 cloves of garlic and a whole onion, only because I love it with beef. This would be a great recipe for a beginner. Thanks for sharing!
I made this tonight for supper and my family loved it and has already asked when we can have it again. The only difference was I followed the advice of PSU Lioness and added about a teaspoon of garlic salt and I added a half cup of mushrooms because we love them. This is awesome and definitely a keeper.