Recipe by Starcry
My mother used to make this for us all of the time, this is by far my best recipe to share. I always use 1/8 tsp of garlic powder instead of messing with real garlic and this recipe can use very inexpensive cuts of meat because it cooks for so long but it is always very tender!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consomme
- 1⁄3 cup red Burgundy wine (or cranberry cocktail)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet, brown meat and garlic on all sides.
- Stir in consomme, wine, soy sauce and onion salt - heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Blend cornstarch and water; stir gradually into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.