2 hrs 35 mins
These Dutch oven ribs are so delicious. Got this from rachael ray magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- 3In large Dutch oven at medium high heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and brown ribs on all sides. Transfer to bowl.
- 4Increase heat to high, add the wine and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently boil until reduced to half (about 10 minutes).
- 5Put ribs in Dutch oven. Cover and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 6In large skillet, heat remaining olive oil over med high heat and saute onions, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Remove when onions are browned (about 5 minutes) and add to ribs. Cover and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- 7Transfer ribs and onions to bowl. discard fat from liquid.
- 8Place dutch oven with broth on stove. Bring to boil and stir in the mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Add tomatoes and return ribs and onions to the pot. Cover and lower the heat to medium and simmer until tomatoes are tender (about 10 minutes).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Beef Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef short ribs