Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
We love beef shanks. This is a family recipe and a very traditional dish. Delicious, yet simple. I hope you enjoy!
- 20 cups water
- 2 lbs beef shank
- 1⁄4 cup aged soy sauce
- 5 small red chili peppers, finely chopped, remove seeds if prefer
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce glaze (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- Bring 10 cups water to boil. Add beef shank and bring to boil again. Cook for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Combine remaining 10 cups water and soy sauce in a large soup pot. Add beef shank and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and braise for 40 minutes or until tender. Turn over once during braising. Let cool and slice.
- Combine green onion, red chili peppers, soy sauce glaze, sesame seed oil and sliced beef shank.