1 hr 5 mins
Chef Henry's Note:
This dish combines the favorite flavors of Hungarian scrambled eggs with bacon, onion and peppers (an Eastern Western omlette) with a wine-braised pot roast and the ubiquitous sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice bacon,chop onions,seed and dice tomatoes.
- 2slice peppers,beat eggs.
- 3Saute bacon in a little fat.
- 4Add a third of the onions,saute until translucent.
- 5Off heat stir 1 tbsp paprika,then add 2/3 of the peppers and tomatoes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Saute until the liquid is gone.
- 8Add eggs and cook, stirring, until firm.
- 9Put in a sieve to drain.
- 10Cut beef in wide slices, 1/2-in.
- 11thick or less.
- 12Beat until 1/4 in.
- 13thick,carefully so as not to make holes.
- 14Spread with the egg& pepper mixture,roll up, tuck in ends and tie up.
- 15Dredge with flour.
- 16sear the rolls in hot fat, remove.
- 17Fry the rest of the onion in the fat,then add 2 tbsp paprika,the rest of peppers and tomatoes.
- 18Return the meat rolls, add stock up to the half height and continue to simmer.
- 19When the vegetables are softened, add the wine.
- 20When the meat is nearly done,pour off some of the juice and stir into 2-3 tbsp flour blended into 1-1/2 cup of sour cream.
- 21Returne and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- 22Strain the sauce.
- 23Serve the meat in diagonal slices with the sauce and dollops of sour cream.
- 24Serve with Butter Dumplings And Cucumber salad.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Beef Roll "CSAKY" style
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.2
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 271.5 mg
- Sodium 518.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 40.0 g