Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My family loves this and my husband even likes it--though he says he doesn't like liver.
- 1 lb liver, coated with seasoned flour
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, raw
- 1 1⁄2 cups stock, your choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 small carrots, cut to your specifications
- 6 potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat the drippings in a heavy skillet. Brown the liver, onions, celery.
- Put it into a greased casserole; add the stock and salt. Place the bacon strips on top of the liver.
- Cook uncovered in a 350* oven for 30 minutes.
- Next, add the potatoes and carrots. Return to the oven, covered and cook until the vegetables are done. **About 45 mins**.
- Remove the cover and continue baking until the bacon strips are crispy.
DH and I both like beef liver. This was a nice change from plain liver and onions over mashed potatoes. The only tips I have are that I would add more onions and I would thicken the broth. Thanks for posting, it was good!!